Produce design documentation and develop web-based interactive content in accordance with UX design principles.
Part A - Design Documentation:
You are required complete design documentation to meet the client brief options provided below. The documentation is to be submitted as one Word document and should include the following:
• A clear indication of which of the theme options you have chosen and a description of how you have interpreted the theme.
• at least one storyboard for each web content
• a link to your wireframe prototypes in Moqups, Balsamiq, Mockingbird or other wireframe product
• any additional design details appropriate to demonstrate your final product
Part B - Final Product:
Develop the web-based interactive content as per your design documentation.
You should include at least 3 pages with appropriate navigation to allow the user to move between the pages. Your web content should be placed on the html pages in accordance with UX design principles and should demonstrate your design skills and include appropriate use of text, graphics, animation and interactivity.
You are required to create an interactive online storybook. The book should contain six interactive content elements (with animations), include at least one of each of the following standard sizes:
1) Horizontal banner: 600 pixels wide x 90 pixels high
2) Button 1: 125 pixels x 125 pixels;
3) Vertical banner: 160 pixels wide x 600 pixels high;
4) Button 2: 180 pixels wide x 150 pixels high;
5) Custom 1: suggested 320 pixels x 50 pixels;
6) Custom 2: suggested 300 pixels x 250 pixels.
The first (home) page should include a table of contents and navigation should be provided between the pages. Your content should be included on at least 3 other html pages. You may have more than one content element on each page if you wish, or a page for each content element.
You should include:
• sounds which enhance your design appropriate for your chosen theme, including at least one voice-over which you have recorded yourself.
• graphics such as boxes, lines and other background as appropriate for your chosen theme
• additional headings and text if they are appropriate for your chosen theme.
You must demonstrate your ability to create the following feedback, interactions and animations:
• Buttons and/or links added should provide feedback in the form of visual change (e.g. on rollover) and sound (e.g. subtle click)
• Objects growing larger or smaller
• Objects moving around the page/canvas, e.g. from left to right, up and down, etc.
• Objects changing colour • Allow users to interact with the content with the mouse, either by clicking or rolling over content to trigger further animations
You may choose from any of the below themes. Note that your book does not have to tell an actual story and you will not be marked on any story. You will however be marked on consistency of your pages in line with your chosen theme.
1) Stick figures
2) Letters and/or words - animated letters of the alphabet
3) Maths - numbers and/or geometric shapes
4) Cartoon - characters from graphics provided, or of your choice (make sure you have permission to use them and reference them!)
5) Animals - zoo or pet shop characters 6) A journey (can be a holiday, or travelling to a new country) Development Milestones:
• Designing appropriate screen layouts using storyboard techniques to show animation, media, user interaction, and content placement (Week 5);
• Interactive web content interface design showing suitable graphic design (Week 5);
• Animation using a variety of animation techniques (Week 7);
• Variety of text and graphic elements providing information (Week 7);
• A variety of techniques to display information using custom interaction. (Week 7).
• Final content displayed appropriately within an html page (Week 7).