Write your assignment in a report format using academic language. Use your research (correctly in-text referenced) to provide evidence and support for your beliefs and arguments. Your report must have the following sections:
✓ Summary (or abstract)
✓ Different sections for the 6 different reporting requirements. You may use subheadings if required.
✓ Discussion and Conclusion
✓ Reference List
Prepare your report by addressing the following requirements
(relevant marking criteria is also provided)
- Review the general concepts of triple bottom lines (TBL) and sustainable development (SD) (6%)
- Describe the relationship of TBL with sustainable development by considering key principles, TBL key themes as well as the discussion of key questions raised in SD (6%)
- Discuss the significance of TBL in sustainable development by considering the primary features of TBL such as accountability, measurability, benchmarking etc. (6%)
- Discuss the concept of sustainable construction (SC) and the significance of TBL in sustainable construction (6%)
- Prepare a sustainability report for a multinational construction company using Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI) reporting framework
You may assume a hypothetical construction company that is operated across many countries and you are the head of sustainability in the company. Your sustainability report must have the following reporting contexts:
✓ Introduction of your hypothetical company. Include a name, location, business etc.
✓ Strategies and analysis
✓ Organizational profile
✓ Reporting parameters
✓ Governance, commitments and engagement
✓ Management approach.
You must also explain what content, boundary, and indicators (if any) are established in your report and why you have chosen to use them (a relevant GRI introduction can be found in the learning materials) (50%)
- Discuss the challenges and issues in reporting sustainability (6%)
Note: You need to use a minimum of 10 references for your report. These references should be from credible sources for example books or articles published in journals (excluding websites).