Students should form groups of three or four members for this assignment. You need to mention group details in your assignment.
Case Study: Accommodation booking system for working holiday program
Australia is a popular place for the working holiday travelers. The working holiday program allows young people to travel and work in various international cities for a limited time (i.e. less than 12 months).
The organizers of the working holiday program were impressed with the recent advent of Airbnb. The working holiday organizers hired you as an IT contractor to develop an online accommodation booking system (OABS) for the working holiday travelers with the following requirements:
• Youth can register on OABS
• Youth can search and book available rooms
• Youth can make a group booking (their selected leader to make a booking)
• Youth can select the dates for their travel (and accommodation)
• Youth can pay for their accommodation in advance
• Youth can cancel their booking with 2 weeks’ notice
• Youth can share review comments about their past hosts on the OABS social network (with ratings)
• A host can register on OABS
• A host can provide information about their accommodation facilities
• A host can promote their services with extra service packages (e.g. travel voucher)
• A host can receive the payments through OABS
• A host can refuse the booking and withdraw from OABS service at any time given 2 weeks of notice
• A host can share review comments about their past visitors on OABS social network (with rating)
• Admin can approve or reject youth or host registration
• Admin can send a private message to youths or hosts
• Admin can put the approved hosts on the reserve list
• Admin can upgrade the reserved hosts to the active hosts on OABS when the available rooms run out
• Admin can cancel the room booking
• Admin can refuse the decision by the host
• Admin can promote the hosts with high ratings on their OABS website
Complete the following tasks:
1. For the use case Add new host by admin, write a fully developed Use Case Description and draw a System Sequence Diagram (SSD). Interpret the classes that are associated with a host in the domain model to understand the flow of activities and repetition involved.
2. For the use case Book a reservation by youth, write a fully developed Use Case Description and draw a State Transition Diagram. Review the classes that are associated with a reservation in the domain model to understand the flow of activities and repetition involved.
3. Draw an Activity Diagram to show the flow of activities for the use case Add a new host.
Note: This activity diagram is based on the updated problem domain model.
4. Propose a prototyping tool and its basic specifications to verify the client requirements of AOBS system.