In this assessment task, you will present a proposal for the major project assignment as a team of 4-5 members. Proposal template is available on Moodle. The project must be selected from the networking, telecommunication or related Information Technology (IT) area.
The project duration should 12 Months or more. Before starting, seek approval for the proposed project from your laboratory tutor. Address all stages of Project Management as outlined in the unit. A suitable project management software (e.g. MS Project 2016) must be used.
The project report should include all phases of a project life cycle, i.e. Initiating, Planning, Executing and Closing. Project Management Plan helps the management team to maintain a constant focus towards delivering the project in accordance with the customer needs and expectations.
The following points must be considered in writing the project report.
• Students are expected to show evidence of self-directed reading and research using credible resources including, but not limited to their prescribed text.
• The assignment will be marked on the basis of depth of analysis, research, references and integration of all aspects of project management.
• Assessment will be on the basis of the realistic nature of the project and how well it is presented.
• Present the final document should be written in Business English in a report format; in a form that would be consistent with the details of the chosen project.
• The timeline, the budget and the quality of the work must be realistic, justifiable and sufficiently attractive to win a tender for a real project.