WHAT TO DO:
1. Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics in Interact as they provide a "scaffold" for your learning in this subject.
2. Develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
1. MicrosoftProject Pro (http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/project/);
2. Open source tools like GanttProject (http://www.ganttproject.biz/);
4. OpenProject (https://www.openproject.org/about) (https://www.openproject.org/about).
5. ProjectLibre (http://www.projectlibre.org/)
3. Begin using the 'project blog' as a tool beyond the weekly progress reports for your chosen emerging technology topic:
1. The blog helps you to "think by writing" and also store your notes, project files and links in a cloud-based service.
2. Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to tell a story and harness each others knowledge.
4. The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to interpret and evaluate an overview of recent trends in emerging technologies and innovation.
• be able to perform literature searches and critically analyse the literature in the chosen topic.
The Capstone Topic Project Plan allows for a broad range of project areas like systems administration, database systems, IT security, mobile technology etc. Often the project has a sponsor and is linked to your interest or workplace needs. The proposal has a research component (Assessment Item 3 Annotated Bibliography) so in some cases you may need to
find a supervisor willing to accept you as a candidate.
The Learning Outcomes being assessed in this item include how you interpret and evaluate an overview of recent trends in emerging technologies and innovation and begin to plan, execute, record and present your research and project work as a capstone experience.
Your Capstone Project Proposal and Plan will be evaluated with a series of questions that you can use as a Checklist:
• Is the capstone topic area appropriate?
• as the Project Blog been setup?
• Has there been sufficient justification of the choice of the topic?
• Is there enough scope for a sufficiently deep/complex analysis?
• Is the scope appropriate for what might be reasonably expected in the capstone project subject?
• Is the methodology proposed clear?
• Are the deliverables clearly set out?
• Are the deliverables sufficiently complex to justify a pass in this activity?
• Is it likely that the proposed activities can be reasonably carried out?
• Is it likely that the student will have access to the necessary resources to do a satisfactory job?
• Is the time line proposed realistic?