The following task much be demonstrated in a real workplace or a simulated environment where the range of conditions reflects realistic workplace situations.
For this task you will require an integration task which:
- Requires the application of engineering skill and knowledge across a range of engineering technologies and systems. The integration task may or may not go across disciplines or techinal fields of work, and may be required across one or more processes, machines and set of equipment
- Must not already be fully pre-designed
For this task you are to complete the following activity to demonstrate your demonstrate your ability to integrate engineering technologies.
Complete the following steps to clarify the scope of the integration design task and to elaborate the specification:
- Referring to relevant task documentation, identify and document the scope of the integration task, including processed, machine, equipment, components and technologies which are to be covered by the integration task, and
- Determine, and accurately record any other parameters for the integration task, including any critical activities and resources required.
- Identify the stakeholders who are to be consulted, Record these stakeholders.
- Determine if, and when, input and advice should be obtained from experts in other technical fields and disciplines. Document the input and advice determined as required, including when it will be required.
- Identify, asses and record the OHS, regulatory, sustainability and /or environmental issues which are relevant to the integration task
- Confirm the design brief, including the design and implementation criteria, the budget and the schedule, and analyse these to provide preliminary advice on feasibility, provide a copy of the confirmed design, brief, including the budget and schedule, as well as the preliminary advice on feasibility.
Prepare an integration analysis and concept proposal for the designs or operational changes through completion of the following steps:
- Carry out the initial investigations into the technologies and equipment to be integrated. Document these investigations.
- Identify, and accurately document, any existing or pre-designed integration
- Determine if there are any special features of the machine, equipment or processes the need to be considered. Document any special features to be considered.
- Using appropriate software and validation techniques, carry out the required analysis, modelling and calculation, record the analysis, modelling and calculation as well as noting the appropriate software and validation techniques used.
- If required,consult with experts in other technical fields and disciplines to obtain dsign or advice. Document all consultations, including the design/advice obtained.
- Generate, and accurately document, a range of integration solutions
- Using the design criteria, project brief or operating specifications, check the feasibility and evaluate the generated solutions to ensure conformity to the technical, economic and OHS Record these checks and evaluations.
- Determine any social and sustainability implications of the solutions. Document these implications.
- Present the integration concept proposals to the client or to supervisors. Provide a copy of the presented
- Meet with the client to evaluate the concept proposals. Document this meeting.
- Finalise the selected integration strategy, including the desing elements or modifications and an implementation strategy, ensuring the accurate preparation of all required documentation, drawings, specification and instructions
- Consulting with the client and stakeholders, obtain sigh-off on the integration strategy and associated documentation. Provide evidence of the sign-off received.
Perform the following actions to implement the selected intergrated engineering techlologies strategy.