Assessment task description
• This is the first (1st) of five assessment tasks you must successfully complete to be deemed competent in this unit of competency
• You must respond to all questions and submit them to the Trainer/Assessor.
• You must answer all questions to the required level, e.g. provide the number of points, to be deemed satisfactory in this task.
• Your Trainer/Assessor will provide the feedback within two weeks and notify you when results are available.
• You can complete these questions in your own time, using the resources and readings provided to you.
• You must read and respond to all questions.
• You may submit your assessment as a handwritten or electronic document/s.
• You must complete the task independently.
• No marks or grades are allocated for this assessment task. The outcome of the task will be Satisfactory or Not Satisfactory.
• Your trainer/assessor may ask you relevant questions on this assessment task to ensure that this is your own work.
Assessment 1 – Written Questions
1. Describe the following leadership styles and provide two examples of situations in which each style might be effective (70-80 words each):
• Dictatorial style
• Autocratic or authoritarian style
• Democratic leadership style
• Consultative leadership style
2. Describe the personal development planning methodology in about 200 words.
3. Briefly outline three (3) techniques used to collect data when evaluating business opportunities. Respond in no more than 200 words.
4. What does PEST analysis stand for? Describe the process for external environment scanning relating to social, political, economic and technological developments using a PEST analysis. Respond in 200-250 words.
5. Explain emotional intelligence and its relationship to individual and team effectiveness, in about 200 words.
6. Explain what you understand by organisational change or transformation, in no more than 50 words.
7. Briefly describe the six stages of change according to the Transtheoretical Model (TTM) of change (no more than 70 words each). What strategies can managers in an organisation use to effectively manage the change? Mention at least two strategies for each stage.
8. Why do organisational structures change? Explain with the help of a relevant example how a competitive marketplace affects organisational design. Which organisational structure is most suited to handling organisational change quickly? Respond in no more than 200 words.