This assessment must be completed by students individually. The assessment is designed for students to develop understanding of the close links between the business environment, business innovation strategy, business capabilities and business value creation. The assessment involves writing a 2000 word innovation strategy report in response to a real case. Assessment details and guidance will be provided on the unit website in Moodle and in class. You will have the opportunity to and are encouraged to discuss and workshop your assessment ideas in class before you complete and submit the assessment.
Your report must demonstrate:
1. Thorough understanding of relevant innovation management concepts, principles, theories, tools and models in regards to the assessment tasks. 60%
2. Appropriate and well structured, concise and clear expression of innovation management arguments. 10%
3. Clear flow of thought throughout the report with a clear and succinct purpose described in the introduction and a clear and succinct conclusion. 10%
4. Critical review skills and integration of relevant academic and profession literature. A minimum of five (5) academic journal articles must be used. 10%
5. Appropriate in text referencing and reference list. Adherence to CQUniversity APA Reference Style. 5%
6. Clarity of expression, grammar and spelling. Appropriate report format within (±10%) of the word limit: 2000 words. 5%
Learning Outcomes Assessed
• discuss the range of innovation strategies and paths available to ensure future sustainability and viability of a business or organisation;
• critically analyse information that provides insight into innovation and business development processes;
• develop and evaluate innovative solutions to improve the sustainability and viability of a business or organisation;
• critically evaluate one’s own personal capabilities and the resources available to implement innovation and business development projects; and
• effectively communicate commercially, socially viable and ethical innovation systems and business proposals for businesses and organisations.
• Cognitive, technical and creative skills
Ethical and Professional Responsibility