With reference to the concepts and theory learnt, students are required to draw a service blueprint of the service process that they have consumed recently and write a report on service experience improvement based on their analysis of service process. The blue print and report will be based on student experience and research:
(1) Service Blueprint Requirements: ‘Consider a hospitality and tourism service that you have consumed recently. Draw a service blueprint that describes the services process involved at each step. Identify fail points, process time, and activity time etc.in service delivery and document it in your analysis.
(2) Report Requirements: Write a report analyzing each step of the service process and making a series of recommendations for service experience improvement. The recommendation must be based on theory and concepts taught during the first 4 weeks of the semester and should not exceed more than 500 words.
Criteria used to grade this task:
1. Examine challenges and complexities of the service operational management and deliverables
2. Analyse the role of service delivery and the customer dimension for business sustainability
3. Understand the importance for a firm to be knowledgeable about its customers’ expectations
4. Evaluate various techniques of collecting and using customer information and feedback.
5. Evaluate the requirements for professional tourism and hospitality business relevant to service culture