E-Business is the main driver for any business today. E-Business related tools, technologies, and applications have been rapidly changing over the last decade. To be competitive in the market, e-business system users need to follow up on the innovations and new industry developments in a timely manner.
The aim of this assessment is to improve your industry based practical research skills as well as team-based work and learning. In this assessment, as future ICT professionals, you are required to research e-business systems related innovations and new developments in the industry. You need to research industry magazines (online and offline) and websites focused on innovations and developments in e-business systems. You will prepare a presentation as a group of 4 members to present in the class. Your presentation should cover the contents from an industry and practical point of view rather than theory. Your presentation document should be prepared using Microsoft PowerPoint (maximum 30 slides including references).
Distance students: The time of the presentation and communication technology employed will be determined on an individual basis. Please contact the unit coordinator well in advance.
For more detailed information on this assessment, please refer to the Moodle unit website.
Learning Outcomes Assessed
• Illustrate the recent developments in e-commerce industry and its likely future directions
• Compare and explain various types of e-commerce infrastructure technologies, business models, and payment and security systems in a corporate setting
• Demonstrate technical research skills to critically evaluate existing and emerging e-commerce technologies to transform organisations for competitive advantages
• Develop the ability to work independently and contribute as a member of a team employing appropriate interpersonal, professional and technical communication skills
• Interpret the legal, ethical, social and cultural issues that affect the design, implementation, and use of e-commerce systems
• Cognitive, technical and creative skills
• Ethical and Professional Responsibility