Task Description: The purpose of this task is for you to demonstrate your ability to critically analyze, synthesize and evaluate information and present that information in a written format. A list of articles will be available on the unit’s Moodle site for you to choose from. You will then write a critical article review based around your responses to the following questions.
• What is the background of the research? (Background)
• What is the research objective?
• What are the core research questions the article addresses? Why are they important to address? (Research questions)
• How was the research conducted? (Methodology)
• What where the major findings? (Findings)
• What are the significance of the findings for future research or management practice? (Significance/implications) Critical Evaluation
• Critically state what you agree and do not agree about the article and explain why? (with specific examples from the article)
• What are its strengths and weaknesses?
• In your view, what is the overall value (e.g. contributions, advances, impacts, etc) of the article?
Please do not simply list the questions and your response to them. The questions are to be used simply as a means for you to critically think about your chosen article. Your review needs to contain answers to these questions, but they need to be in essay format, that is, containing introduction section, body paragraphs and a conclusion section.