The critical analysis will involve the identification of the authors’:
1. What the authors state what they already know about the research area before commencing their key study;
2. What they don't know about the area of research before they commenced their key study;
3. How they are going to find out in order to contribute to their field of study (what is their methodology and methods?).
a) The actual methods they use
b) What their results were
c) Identifying limitations
d) What conclusions they drew from their findings
You will format your essay with second level headings of: Aims, methods, results, limitations, and conclusions for each of the two studies/theories you choose to discuss.
Assessment Task 1 will be assessed against the following criteria each criterion is equally weighted:
1. Identification of points a (1, 2, 3, 4) from above for the author's aims;
2. Assessment of the author’s research methodology (quality of citations, surveys, qualitative interviews, acknowledgement of previous research by the author, supported or unsupported evidence) or if it is theoretical;
3. Identifying what the limitations are;
4. Clear written style (spelling, grammar, syntax etc.) and appropriate ACU academic style referencing (in-text and list of references,
To obtain access to the seminal theories, it is recommended you use “Ebscohost web” or “Proquest” to obtain peer review articles. Your tutor will provide added advice on this and you also have the ACU Online Library Liaison office to guide to suitable peer reviewed journal articles.