Your mission is to develop a business technology proposal to add strategic and or operational value to Alison Barwon Fitness company. Further, Roselyn Morgan has specifically requested to be advised whether her digital assistant vision is aligned with the proposal, feasible and worthwhile.
At this stage, you are required to undertake the following activities:
• Brainstorm and develop a mind map of the problem space, to map some specific AlisonBF services to the needs of their members, other stakeholders, and how current technologies are used and how new technologies can be used, and why. This is scheduled to be conducted in Week 1.
• Conduct a situation analysis (SWOT and strategy) to examine of the AlisonBF situation in terms of S, W, O, and T, as well as proposing two alternative technology strategies. You are required to justify how your proposed technology strategies can improve the alignment between internal and external elements identified in the SWOT analysis and make a recommendation(s), including the client’s specific request. This is scheduled to be conducted in Week 2.
• Suggest a specific project to implement your proposed strategy, conduct a stakeholder analysis to identify relevant stakeholders, examine their needs, risks, and levels of influence vs importance in relation to the proposal, and suggest a stakeholder management plan. This is scheduled to be conducted in Week 3.
• Write an executive summary based on the findings from the above activities.
• More detailed requirements for the above activities are provided in weekly guides including Assignment 1 Part 1 (A1.P1), Assignment 1 Part 2 (A1.P2) and Assignment 1 Part 3 (A1.P3).
• Prior to attending and undertaking each weekly workshop, you are required to undertake background reading (gather information from company websites and branches, books, research papers, review emerging technologies as well as fitness technology trends, market research etc.) and consult secondary sources such as your family, friends and colleagues to learn about the problem areas under study.