BYOD has certain security risks such as:
1. There can be a loss of visibility and control of organisations’ data that is stored on the personal devices of the employees.
2. There is always a risk of data leakage, or some important information can be disclosed.
3. The personal devices have the risk of theft. Consequently the data can be lost.
4. Remote workers are susceptible to commit man-in-middle attacks by using the public wi-fi and Bluetooth devices.
There can be lots of risks in the BYOD system as explained below:
· If there is no password protection, the device is more vulnerable to attacks, and the data can be stolen easily.
· The data stored in the applications of the mobile is not safe. The mobile applications can easily be breached by the hackers as they have the intention of hacking and access the information on the device.
· The chat or voice messages if goes through a public internet and that too without any encryption have a risk of leakage to the third parties.