There are a few tips that can help to prevent data exfiltration:
1. There should be a classification of the data depending upon the nature of the business.
2. Then, a list should be prepared consisting of the breaching of data effects
3. Look for the people to whom your data is required to stand better.
4. Assess the control mechanisms on the data.
Data exfiltration can be prevented by following these steps:
· Review the formats of your important files and also access the ways of protecting them.
· Verify the accountability of the owner of data and manager of data. You must focus on the fact that the data id vulnerable to attack from an insider.
· The data protection plan should be updated and modified as per the need.
1. The organisation should be aware of the data programs.
2. You should keep monitoring the data frequency and volume using the tools or email.
3. Maintain a record of the addresses that are used to send an email and the devices that are used to send email, the recipients of the mail should also be noticed.
4. The data of the systems should also be accessed so that there is no unauthorised content.
Follow the tips for preventing data exfiltration.
a. The channels that are unsecured should not be used for sending messages.
b. There should be a prohibition on the downloading of sensitive data.
c. The files should be wrapped up using DRM tools.
d. Identification of encrypted or unencrypted data.