Expert Tips to Clear College Entrance Exam
Your high GPA is not just enough to get admission in the desired college. Yes, along with your GPA you need to clear an entrance exam with very good scores to get admission. These entrance exams are directed by the school or college itself. Basically, the main aim of this exam is to judge a student’s quality that how much he can cope up well with the college faculty. No matter how well you scored in your school, but the colleges can reject you in case you don’t get good enough scores in the entrance exam.
There are two most common types of entrance exam viz. Scholastic Assessment test (SAT) and the American College Test (ACT). There is not a huge difference between both tests, but still, you need to distinguish between both for the right selection. If talking about the SAT then this test is made up of three parts viz. math, critical reading and writing. It also includes subjects such as History, English, Science, Mathematics, Literature and Languages. Opposite to the SAT where critical reading, writing and maths take place, ACT offers optional writing test and includes four mandatory subjects like Maths, English, Science and Reading. Plus, ACT has a different grading system than the SAT.
Below some useful tips are mentioned for clearing the college entrance exam with ease in order to avoid the chances of rejection.
- First of all, you need to determine the test type you need to take. As you know there are two types of tests, SAT and ACT. You can choose one by determining the difference between two as mentioned above.
- You can work smarter by taking online help for the preparation. There are a number of online tools available to help you prepare for the exam. You can also take online assignment help to make your study session easier.
- There are books easily available that you can get to prepare for the exam. But, remember the questions given in these books are not the same you will get in the exam. These books will only help you prepare the types of questions that will be in the actual exam.
- Practising through a practice test is also very useful tip you can follow for preparing the entrance exam. Yes, a practice test will help you understand the area you can cover well and which area you need to work on.
- Remember, this is not your school’s history exam that you can cram a night before. Yes, now things are different than your school life and you also need to act accordingly. Rather, you start studying a night before it’s better to start study a few weeks before and one hour daily is enough to prepare you well for the test.
- If you find a regular learning style less useful then make necessary changes in your learning style Rather than becoming a bookworm, learn by making flashcards and cue devices to get the topic more.
- Most importantly, take care of yourself. Studying all night before one night of the exam should be avoided. Rather taking proper sleep or rest and a healthy meal is suggested before going for the exam.
- These tips can help you prepare for the college entrance exam with an easy, but always remember it is only you who can do well in the entrance exam.