How to Remember Everything That You Study?
Remembering the studied part is not less than a challenge. Moreover, clicking the right information at the right point of time is not easy to get. Having a good hold on all the things is not every students’ cup of tea. Here I am unveiling the hacks which when followed can transform your brain from paramnesia to amenable. Sounds interesting? Yes? Let us sit in the boat of absorbing new information and sail through the ocean of taking care of your mind.
- Create a distinct mental image- Associate yourself with the things that can trigger your mind. For instance, utilize the technique of using wordplay and pun to remember the information via using the acronym. Most of the students use as the memory trigger. Its melody and soothing voice are very helpful. Go stress free; you don’t have to explain the memory cue to anyone else. It is for your comfort only.
- Teach- Take teaching as a source of memorizing and explaining the material to both your student and yourself. It is the best way to retain the things for longer, as you repeat a single concept more than once. Your brain starts getting used to store the data. Fetching the revised information is accessible and make things simple.
- Calm yourself to build enduring memories- A troubled and disturbed mind will fail to understand, process, and review the information. Having plenty of time will you the satisfaction that you don’t need to worry. Your brain gets the signals that everything is under control. As a result, you will not overload the information and preserve it with solitude.
- Use the policy of ‘divide and rule’- Hey, don’t get me wrong. I am just talking about breaking the material into small pieces. I don’t have any intention of injecting any sort of cynical thoughts in your mind. Keeping the funny part away, I am trying to convey that bite-sized learning information is more practical and beneficial than feeding on the entire large chunk of data. For instance, if you have an exam next week, rather than studying the whole night before the examination, choose to divide the number of chapters and learn them on a daily basis.
- Do not stick to a single topic- Make a switch between different subjects. Choosing the alternative approach is helpful. The main advantage of this practice is that your brain will compartmentalize the information which you have been imparting it more efficiently. Do not bog down on a single subject. When you have studied one topic for 50 minutes, like English, choose another one, say mathematics or something like this. Hope you have got the principal intention which I am trying to convey.
- Write it down- Writing has been my favorite hobby (yeah, that is why I am writing this piece of content). Make it your hobby that you will summarize every chapter you read and jot it down.
- Test and examine your performance- After a few days of gaining theoretical information, take some breaks and quiz yourself. Test your knowledge. You can begin with fundamental questions. Along with having a better idea of the context, your brain will force you to keep in mind the information. Reviewing one’s performance is one thing which many students’ forget to do. Your memory muscles will work more comprehensively when you space out your review sessions. You can also use study apps for this. These will assist you in scheduling your study intervals.
I can assure you that these seven tips will help you in reaching the milestone and success pinnacles. Follow these tactics, and you will rule yourself.