Efficient and Scholarly Persuasive Essay Writing
All texts are different and their distinctions lie in the type of message we want to give. If we seek to convince a reader through a speech and persuade him to think or do in a certain way, it is necessary to build a persuasive text with a series of arguments to prove that what we say is true or is one of the best positions against certain topic or situation.
In order to create a persuasive text, we need first to create solid arguments that will be part of the rhetoric of our discourse and will serve to present certain arguments that demonstrate what we say and serve to convince the interlocutor or reader. The statements of this type of text are intended, in addition to informing, to influence people to adopt certain thoughts or attitudes towards something particular.
In some areas and for specific purposes, persuasive texts are ideal for expressing certain ideas. In the academic field, essays usually have a good deal of persuasion, be they literary, philosophical or educational. The essays are used to develop different ideas and are dialogical, in which arguments must be shown to support the concepts expressed.
In the professional sector, persuasive texts are much more used, especially when there is an audience that has to be convinced to acquire a certain service or product or think in a certain way. In the area of Advertising, Politics and Communication, these texts are common. In the case of Advertising, they serve to publicize different products and services and invite the public to buy them. In Communication and especially in the journalistic field, persuasive texts serve to expose ideas and generate opinions, while in Politics, the speeches of the authorities are loaded with persuasion, seeking to convince the citizens.
Characteristics of persuasive texts
Externally, a text of this type can be recognized as having the following features:
- Attractive start: regardless of the medium, this type of texts have a structure divided into different stages, which is characterized by having an attractive beginning that serves as a hook to attract people.
- Verbal or iconic organization: this type of texts has two forms of expression, the iconic, is characterized by having short sentences, attractive phrases and a separation in paragraphs or columns; and the iconic one, where the images, tables and graphs that show relevant data pointing to the visuals stand out.
- Paralinguistic elements: those that are outside the language and serve to support or mark the text in certain places. Depending on the channel, these can be gestures or typographical resources.
Among the internal characteristics, we can highlight:
- Strategy-oriented to argumentation: Persuasive texts are a system of related arguments that have the objective of convincing the interlocutor or reader.
- Rational persuasion: in presenting the arguments are shown clearly and objectively to convince through the rational. Data and information are used that confirm the proposed.
- Emotional persuasion: persuasion must also be directed towards emotion and to achieve it certain statements are used that appeal to emotionality and impact on the other, such as associations with values, desires and ideologies.
- Linguistic resources: to achieve the communicative purpose, these texts have a lexicon, syntax and very careful vocabulary and the statements are used strategically, taking advantage of each style to emphasize certain points of the speech.
Only a seasoned and expert writer can write a persuasive essay. The students who look to get their college essay written by an expert often find it hard to get one from the internet.