Task-1: Cloud architectures:
AWS Hybrid Cloud Architecture: This is one of the cloud architecture which could be implemented by MetaSoft for achieving their business objectives. It is basically the combination of public and private cloud. The advantage of this model is that this it could easily be located at off-premises and security of all the data of an organization could easily be maintained.
Reason of deployment:
This is one of the best suitable architecture for achieving the business objectives. With the deployment of this specific model, MetaSoft team members would be able to access all their business processes in case of system failure or any type of disaster. This specific architecture would provide more resource availability which would help the MetaSoft organization in combining both external as well as internal data environment.
Benefits and Issues of Cloud Computing Open Architecture AWS Hybrid Cloud Architecture:
- With the help of AWS cloud, MetaSoft team members would be able to test workload as it would provide risk management facility.
- All the sensitive data of an organization could easily be secured by using AWS Hybrid Cloud Architecture easily.
- While using AWS Hybrid Cloud Architecture, Team members of MetaSoft organization might face issue due to lack of control on the data or information which is stored over public cloud.
- Team members of MetaSoft might face issue while integrating public as well as private cloud which might create problems in achieving the business goals in an efficient manner.
Cloud Computing Open Architecture: This architecture basically helps in integrating ecosystem management with cloud infrastructure virtualization. This basically helps in providing efficient resources to the customers. It is a combination of SAAS, IAAS and PAAS.
Reason for deployment: Deployment of this architecture would help the board members of MetaSoft organization in migrating their cloud services in appropriate and secured form as it would provide effective isolation with different types of tenants in an effective manner.
Recommended architecture: From the above architectures the MetaSoft is recommended to implement AWS hybrid cloud architecture as it would provide benefits to the organization with risk management, `business continuity scalability as well as business continuity.
Benefits and Issues of Cloud Computing Open Architecture
- It provides high efficiency and throughput which would satisfy all the customers of MetaSoft organization in an efficient manner.
- Cloud Computing Open Architecture would help the MetaSoft organization in in reducing their operational cost and perform all their business processes in an efficient manner.
By using Cloud Computing Open Architecture, MetaSoft organization might have to face service availability issue.
Downtime is the another issue that which might be faced by the team members of MetaSoft organization. Due to this specific issue, users might have to face disrupt business processes.
Risks related to Hybrid Cloud:
There are some of the risks that the people of MetaSoft organization might face while deploying hybrid cloud services. Some of them are as follows:
- Poor compliance: While deploying hybrid cloud services, data of MetaSoft organization is stored and shared in both public as well as private cloud vendor. Due to the movement of data, team members might have to face poor compliance issue.
- Lack of encryption: This is the another risk that might affect the data security as it is vulnerable to eavesdropping attack and man in the middle attack.
Risks associate with Micro services strategy:
- Connectivity issue: This is one of the common issue which is faced at the time of availing micro services. This issue might affect the privacy as well as security of an individual.
- Complexity issue: Due to this issue, team members of MetaSoft organization might face issue while availing multiple services at single time.
Mitigations for hybrid cloud risks
- Poor compliance issue can easily be mitigated by selecting appropriate diligence partners and by identifying the technology alignment in an appropriate manner.
- Lack of encryption issue can easily be mitigated with the implementation of Cryptographic key management approach.
Mitigations for Micro services strategy:
- Connectivity issue can easily be mitigated by implementing secure micro service architecture.
- Complexity issue can easily be mitigated with the deployment of cloud native approach.
Task 3: General Information Security steps and controls:
Some of the steps that need to be considered for maintaining the data security are as follows:
- Evaluate and analyse all the legal obligations of an organization in an efficient manner.
- Analyse all the things that are essential for accomplishment
- Select appropriate information security coordinator
- Create information security program
- Analyse different types of potential threats
- Implementation of security measure.
Reason for selecting these steps:
All these steps are recommended to board members because with the consideration of these steps, all the security issues can easily be mitigated and data of an organization can easily be accessed without facing security issue.
Task 4: Recommendations included in MetaSoft BCP while migrating to cloud
There are some of the recommendations that need to be considered at the time of implementing hybrid cloud services. Some of them are as below:
Application resilience: Implementation of Application resilience would help the MetaSoft organization team members to easily identify resilience and other attacks that might be faced at the time of migrating the service over cloud. This would reduce the application failure issue.
Backup and disaster recovery: The team members are recommended to back up all the data as it would help them the team members to easily recovered to data which might get lost.
Task 5: Management of Hybrid Model
Before migrating hybrid cloud, some of the requirements that need to be considered are discussed as below:
Server Administration Requirements:
- The MetaSOft organization need to implement in-house data centre in managing both the hardware as well as software related services.
- It is important for the MetaSoft organization to ensure up to the date patches and proper configuration to run the business services in an efficient manner.
Resource Management Requirements:
- It is important for an organization to identify different types of resources as it would help the MetaSoft organization in managing all the services by considering software, network and hardware resources to set up private cloud data centre in an appropriate manner.
- Mapping of resources is the another requirement which need to be considered by the team members for ensuring This would help the MetaSoft team members in achieving the busineas objectives in an appropriate manner.
SLA Management Requirements:
- For migrating the cloud services in an efficient manner, MetaSoft team members are recommended to consider disaster recovery and backup. This approach would help the team members in maintain the security of organizational data appropriately.
- Regular monitoring and auditing is the another approach by considering which MetaSoft team members would be able to identify the conflicts and detect the security issues easily and without facing any problem.
Task 6: Steps and critical points while migrating the services to cloud
For centralizing the services there are some of the issues that might affect the migration of SharePoint instance and their SQL Server 2012 Database servers over the AWS cloud. With the implementation of some of the steps, MetaSoft organization can easily migrating the services to cloud. Some of the steps are added as below:
- Create migration plan: The first step that need to be considered is the creation of migration plan. Critical point of this step is requirement gathering. If data gathering is not done appropriately then broad members might face issue while achieving their business goals.
- Select appropriate cloud server: Consideration of this step would help the team members of MetaSoft organization in maintaining the data security efficiently. Critical point is the identification of server requirements. If identification is not done appropriately, then it might create issue in selecting cloud server.
- Use appropriate tools and standards for migrating database: Using appropriate tools would help the MetaSoft team members in migrating database easily and in an appropriate manner. Critical point of this step is not knowing the information related to tools and techniques. If it is not considered then tea members have to spend more time and resources in achieving business objectives.
- Testing and error identification: This is the another step that need to be considered before cloud migration. This step would help to migrate SharePoint instance and SQL Server 2012 Database over cloud appropriately. Critical point of this step is not identifying all the threats before migration in an appropriate manner.
- Monitoring the performance of servers: The last step is to monitor server performance. All the issues and problems that might be faced by the customers while using could services can easily be enhanced. Critical point is the selection of inappropriate tools and improper monitoring of server’s. If monitoring is done properly then performance cannot be improved.
This report is all about Met Soft organization which wants to deploy their services over cloud in an appropriate manner. In this report some of the architecture, steps, and procedures are discussed and recommended which would help the board members of MetaSoft organization in achieving their business goals and objectives in an efficient manner.