Manufacturing is defined as the production of merchandise for sale or use utilising the machines and labor, chemicals, tools and biological formulation. The manufacturing term can refer the high range of human activity, from handmade to the high tech, but it is commonly applied to the industrial production in which different raw materials are changed into the accomplished goods on the very large scale. Manufacturing processes are defined as steps through which the raw materials are changed into the final product. The manufacturing processes initiate with the making of materials from which the specific design is created. These types of materials are then altered through other processes of manufacturing to become the needed part. The manufacturing processes can involve treating like coasting or heat treating, machining as well as reshaping of the material. The manufacturing process can also involve the checks and tests for the quality assurance after or during the planning and manufacture the process before the manufacturing.
The manufacturing process is considered as a very complex activity, concerned with an individual who has a large number of expertise and disciplines as well as a large number of tools, equipment and machinery with the different levels related to automation like robots, computers and some other equipment. The pursuits of manufacturing should be receptive to various developments and requirements. All the technicians should completely understand the basic requirements of workshop routines in context of equipment, man, methods, material, revenue. Some other infrastructure conveniences required to be placed appropriately for the plant layouts as well as support decisions efficiently positioned or regulated in the industry or field within the accurately planning manufacturing organization.
Core principles and goals of all the processes
- Meeting the requirements regarding performance such as weight, strength, tolerances etc.
- Meeting the cost of requirements related to production
- Capability to reproduce the constant quality while mass production
- Large components that are manufactured must have uniform material properties during the component
Different types of manufacturing processes
There are several types of the manufacturing process that are described below:
- Casting: It involves centrifugal casting, continuous casting, dies casting, investment casting etc.
- Imaging and coating: It involves laser engraving, inkjet printing, chemical vapor deposition; sputter deposition, plating and thermal spraying etc.
- Moulding: It involves powder metallurgy.
- Forming: It involves end tube forming, forging, rolling, extrusion, pressing etc.
- Machining: It involves mills, milling, turning, drilling, reaming, countersinking, tapping, sawing etc.
- Joining: It involves welding, oxyfuel gas, resistance, project welding, upset welding etc.
- Additive Manufacturing: It involves 3D printing, filament winding, stereo lithography etc.
- Other: It involves mining, Chemical manufacturing, petroleum refining, assembly line etc.
Four Primary Types of Manufacturing Processes
Conversion of raw materials to the marketable products in called as a backbone of an industrialised nation. The four primary types of manufacturing processes involve casting & molding, machining, joining, and shearing & forming. Manufacturers utilise a casting procedure to generate items of some specific shaper that would be hard to make by another means. Machining cuts the pieces of the material into required shape and in the procedure, eliminates part of the material. Joining includes brazing, welding, adhesive bonding, soldering and mechanical joining utilising fasteners like pins or rivets. Manufacturers shear material to specific size and shape using piercing, punching, blanking, trimming, cutting functions. Materials that are sheared involve plastic and paper, metal and rods.
Selection of appropriate manufacturing process
The development, optimisation or evaluation of the manufacturing process can be executed on-site with the clients and manufacturing laboratories. There is a large number of mechanisms and equipment; both advanced analytical equipment as well as specific manufacturing mechanisms. The selection of appropriate manufacturing process is very necessary to develop any product which can be done only by taking the assistance of the expertise.
This topic is very complex to learn from the students, and it is also very difficult to make assignments related to this. Due to which many students are searching for online assignment help services for completing their assignments appropriately. We are here to provide you assistance in completing your assignments with 100% originality and accuracy. There are several features that you can get from our firms such as top-quality solutions for assignments, skilled tutors for writing assignments, and many other features. So, hurry up, order your assignments at AssignmentHelp4Me.com and get your solutions effectively.