Many countries of the world use English as their official language and the countries who do not have English s their native tongue, they also emphasizing teaching their next generations this language so that they do not lag behind in the world. The students who take English as their major subject have to write essays on various topics of the subject that they study in the particular semester. The international students who come to study in the English speaking countries have the maximum difficulty while writing the English essays.
Here is a brief guide which will help those students who do not have an idea about the essential elements and chartaersti8cs of an English essay. This article will give you an insight into the things to consider when you set yourself for writing an English essay.
- First and foremost keep a close eye on the words you choose for describing something. Whatever words you opt for your writing, you should have a proper understanding of the meaning of those words or vocabulary. You should also keep on working on enhancing your vocabulary so that you can express your thoughts in the right manner. If you choose rich and correct vocabulary, then your readers will understand your point of view in the same contact in which you want them to understand it.
- Do not use the technical jargons or overusedclichés. They only make your essay boring and moreover they also slow down the reading speed of your readers.
- Try to construct simple and easy to understand sentences. B=No one likes to read complicate and unending sentences. Therefore make it a point to keep your sentences or phrases short and precise.
- You should also keep a close check on the usage of the grammar. One mistake of grammar or punctuation can change the entire meaning of your sentence. Sometimes it can also give rise to inappropriate or confusing statements which are naturally not good news for your essays.
- Know your audience for which you are going to write your essay. If you know the taste and orientation of your readers, then you will be able to channel your energy and efforts in that direction which can be appreciated by them.
- Devote enough time writing the introduction to your essay. The more vivid and enticing the introduction will be, the more it will compel the readers to keep reading your writing work. The introductory paragraph of any writing is the attention grabber, and you should never overlook the importance of a compelling opening paragraph. You can give a brief highlight of the points you have discussed in your essay. To make it more engaging, you can start your paper with thought-provoking. Try to draft such questions so that when your readers read them, they give a silent nod to them in the answer.
- The main body of the essay has the entire main content; here you have to write your arguments and support them with the help of suitable.
- The last section of your paper is the conclusion where you have to sum up your essay with the suggestion.