“Internet of things” is one of emerging technology that allows users to access smart office devices from remote locations. In the assignment, the packet tracer software 7.0 or above version is used to designing and configuring the network for IoT Smart Office. In the assessment, two smart offices are configured i.e. Melbourne and Adelaide. The main reason to choose the packet tracer is that it allows users to configure the different smart devices. In the article, the steps to configure the Remote IOT smart Office are discussed.
- A file “Registration Server Packet Tracer” file is downloaded from the link https://static-courseassets.s3.amazonaws.com/I2PT/en/index.html#18.104.22.168 or can be directly downloaded from the netcad.com
- Open the Packet Tracer 7.0 or above version, because this version supports IoT environments.
- In the workspace of Packet Tracer, select a generic server and drag. The user can change the name as per the requirement.
- The server is connected by using a copper straight-through cable. The server will be connected with the wireless router via cable internet and cable modem.
- The server providers various services to all the users. To enable IoT environment in the workspace, the user is required to select IoT service in service tab and after selecting, click on “OK”.
- In this step, the registration server will be configured with student name and the IPv4 settings will be changed from static to
- Selected the IP configuration tab in registration server to view IP address dynamically assigned or not.
- The tablet is installed and configured with wireless settings. SSID and passphrase should be configured similarly to the wireless router’s SSID and passphrase for connectivity.
- To check the connection, a web browser is opened in tablet and IP address of registration server is to access Internet of Things account.
- By default, there will be no account. To create the account, the user is required to click on “Sign UP” tab.
- To connect other wireless devices, it is important to configure a wireless router with the SSID and passphrase. To encrypt the password, AES encryption technique is used.
- Select required hardware devices to the workspace to configure.
- For example, Wireless Window is selected.
- By default, the Windows are not configured with wireless service. To enable the wireless port in the window, select the wireless adapter PT-IOT-NM-1W.
- After selecting the wireless adapter, click “OK”. It will add the wireless tab in the device.
- Select the Window and move to wireless tab.
- In the wireless tab, the configure SSID and passphrase similar as configured in the wireless After this step, the wireless connectivity will be visible between the Window and Wireless Router.
- But the IoE home will not display the device's connectivity because the remote settings are still required to configure.
- To connect the smart window with the registration server, the user is required to configure remote The remote configuration will ask the users about the IP address, username and the password.
- When remote settings are configured, the connectivity between the device and registration server will be visible to users.
- By using the IoE account, the users will able to control the devices remotely.
- Similarly, other devices are configured.
Conclusion: - IoT smart Office is configured with the help of Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 or above version. To access the home page of IoE account, the student name and student ID will be used. From the assessment, the students will able to learn about the Internet of Things and working of IOT smart office.