The whole story began on a Mexican beach, Rio Nexpa, where an Australian Drew Bilbe was relaxing a home-made ice tea. This was the moment when young Australian Drew Bilbe was inspired to make a natural, low-calorie ice tea. While returning back to Sydney, Drew and his best friend, Troy Douglas, who was an entrepreneur, both started working to develop a range of healthier ice teas.
In the year 2010, Aussie Boys, Drew, and Troy founded Nexba and offered people a range of healthier alternatives. By the year 2015, Nexba won a prestigious Telstra Australian Business Award for innovation and achievement. In July 2016, Nexba took a step beyond tea to recreate soft drinks by partnering with Coles.
In 2017, a wide range of natural and sugar free drinks of Nexba grabbed the Product of the Year, that is the world’s largest consumer-voted award for the product innovation.
Following are some of the products that have been launched by Nexba:
- Naturally Sugar Free Cola (300ml)
- Naturally Sugar Free Lemon (300ml)
- Naturally Sugar Free Raspberry (300ml)
- Naturally Sugar Free Lemon (1L)
- Naturally Sugar Free Raspberry (1L)
- Watermelon Cucumber and Mint Flavored Sparkling (1L)
- Coconut and Mango Flavored Sparkling Water (1L)
- Lemon and Lime Flavored Sparkling Water (1L)
- Strawberry and Raspberry Flavored Sparkling Water (1L)
- Naturally Sugar Free Cola (1L)
- Coconut and Mango Flavored Sparkling Water (375ml)
- Lemon and Lime Flavored Sparkling Water (375ml)
- Classic Naturally Sugar Free Tonic Water (300ml)
- Watermelon Cucumber and Mint Flavored Sparkling Water (375ml)
- Cranberry and Hibiscus Naturally Sugar Free Tonic Water (300ml)
- Lime, Cucumber, and Mint Naturally Sugar Free Tonic Water (300ml)
- Naturally Sugar Free Pineapple (300ml)
- Mango Probiotic Water (300ml)
- Citrus Probiotic Water (300ml)
- Watermelon and Strawberry Probiotic Water (300ml)
- Mixed Berry Kombucha (330ml)
- Cinnamon and Lime Kombucha (330ml)
- Elderflower and Lemon Kombucha (330ml)
How is Nexba different from other soft drinks?
The modern soft drinks are the first of their kind in Australia. Nexba Cola makes use of Erythritol, which is a natural sweetener that tastes similar to sugar but without the calories, impact on blood sugar levels or tooth decay.
Last year, Nexba launched Australia’s first zero sugar natural ice tea with three green teas, super-fruit infused flavors: Acai Berry, Pomegranate and Ginger.
Why has Nexba taken a Sugar Free Approach?
According to a nationwide survey of Australian parents by Nexba found out that nine out of ten realized that it was very important to reduce the amount of sugar that is consumed by their kids.
While considering the factors that would be most effective in helping the parents to cut back the sugar consumption of the family, a need for healthy alternatives that taste good was the top response.
There were a lot of parents who cited the importance of lower prices for healthy alternatives and food labels that are easier to know.
The launch of Australia’s first naturally sugar free soft drinks by Nexba was celebrated by supporting local communities.